For hundreds and thousands of years, people lived with the teeth they had until they fell out and had no way of improving their smiles beyond trying to avoid tooth decay. But in modern times, there have been many technological advances in the field of cosmetic dentistry and even people with the most ugly and decayed teeth can achieve a shiny, white smile if they invest enough time and money in the project.
But is cosmetic dentistry today a luxury or an accepted part of personal care? Below are seven reasons why you should consider pursuing cosmetic dentistry treatments. After you read them all, you can make a more educated decision about whether or not cosmetic dentistry is for you:
- Veneers are Malleable – Veneer are stronger than other substitute fillings. On the other hand, they are soft and malleable enough to retain their shape and quality even after they are fixed to the teeth. They also protect teeth from further attack by bacteria at the place of affixation.
- Cosmetic Dentistry is attractive – Celebrities and politicians everywhere automatically turn to cosmetic dentistry when their careers begin to take off. Who says you can't be as good looking as a Hollywood star or the President?
- Teeth grinding - If you grind your teeth, you may want to consider filling or covering some of them with gold. Gold is malleable and will not be damaged by continued grinding while protecting your teeth from irreversible damage that would otherwise occur.
- Long-lasting white color – Over the counter teeth whitening kits are effective for only a few months. The same goes for treatments implemented by your dentist. But the high quality chemicals and composites used in cosmetic dentistry will keep your smile uniformly white for about 15 years. You will be able to eat or drink whatever you want without worrying about more stains on your teeth that have to be treated.
- Your own trademark – Just as some people get unique tattoos or trendy hair styles, more and more people are asking their dentists to apply gold caps with personalized engravings to their front teeth. When they smile, everyone can see their trademark sparkle.
For whatever reason you may decide to pursue cosmetic dentistry, the final result will most likely make you look years younger and give you added confidence when you flash your made over smile. The treatments are expensive, but no more so than plastic surgery or the purchase of costly clothes and shoes that so many people spend their money on these days to make themselves look better.
To learn more, try contacting a company like Charlottesville Dental Medicine at Forest Lakes.Share